Welcome to the Loud Island
Peer-to-Peer Support Network
If you’ve landed here you’ve received a special invitation, including a code, which you will need to input below.
This website has been built for independent musicians and people working in the independent music scene.
Loud Island acknowledges that many independent musicians don’t have access to the career development opportunities or resources offered by commercial labels & management companies. So, on this website you will find some information and tools which aim to take some of the hard work off your plate.
Over the next 12 months, I’d like you to join me in testing out how useful this website is together with the Loud Island office in Annandale, Sydney. I’ll check in with you at the end of the year and will make changes dependent on people’s needs or lack thereof.
As a member of Loud Island you get:
- Access to the members only area of the website which includes a calendar with festivals and grants dates and blog articles
- Access to book Loud Island spaces for career development and project development including rehearsals, workshops, meetings etc
- Access to drop-in to the Loud Island Office during stated opening times
- Invitations to monthly music documentary screenings and other events and workshops (TBA)
- Update emails when new content is added to the website (no more than monthly)
By signing up you agree to:
- Be a rad human and make or support independent music
- Complete the ‘tell me about yourself survey’
- Complete another survey or meet with me at the end of the year to check in on how you’re going and if Loud Island is or can be more useful to your career
- Allow me to list you as a member of Loud Island for any grants that I go for
- Not hold me or Loud Island responsible for any inaccurate information on the grants and festivals calendar – I’ve created it as a starting base for you and will do my best to keep it updated with the right info. However, information changes, and mistakes sometimes happen, so it’s your responsibility to use the calendar as a starting point for your own deeper research about opportunities that are suitable for you.
My background, motivation and a little disclaimer
As most of you know, I am no music industry expert although over the past 8 years I have been supporting many musicians and friends who are trying to make music their career. Most of my career has been working in the not-for-profit industry as a major gift fundraiser, supporting social entrepreneurs in starting-up and growing their social enterprises, and more recently directing social change documentary filmmakers in developing and executing their social impact campaigns. I believe that all the stuff I have been doing in developing business plans, strategy, developing resources and facilitating education courses can be flipped around to help independent musicians help themselves.